Deep Frying Oil Tester / Oil Quality Meter
Oil quality meter with 3-digit LCD / Backlit / IP65 protected / Status LEDs (green, blue, red) / Display of TPM or PC value between 0.5% to 40% / Automatic switch-off function
DT-70 is a handy measuring instrument for fast testing of cooking oils. It can display the temperature of the cooking oil and TPM value. The TPM value (total polar materials) enables a statement on the ageing of cooking oils due to the effects of heat.
The oil quality measuring device DT-70 is a measuring device with which you can determine the quality of various types of oil. This oil quality meter is also successfully used by food inspectors. A measurement is carried out directly in hot fat. For this, the measuring tip is held directly in a fryer or the like. Thus, fast measurement results are guaranteed. The oil temperature in °C or °F and the oil quality in percent PC (polar compounds) are determined within a few seconds. The PC value is a measure of the thermal-oxidative stress level of a frying oil. On the device itself, a traffic light function is installed, so that the oil quality is displayed directly in color.
This oil tester is not only used by food inspectors, but also in gastronomy. According to the recommendations of the DGF (German Society for Fat Science) 24 percent polar components (Polar compounds) are to be regarded as a limit to the healthiness of a deep-frying fat. When old fat is used, it generally has many disadvantages. This includes influencing the taste and the associated reduced quality. In addition, it can cause strong odor and smoke, if the fat is not examined with an oil tester. National regulations regarding maximum PC limits are to be observed if necessary. Since not all oils behave exactly the same, different calibrations can be stored and called up in the oil quality measuring device. There are four fixed storage locations (semi-liquid, liquid, solid) as well as 6 variable storage spaces.
Safety Notes: Please read this manual carefully and completely before you use the device for the first time. The device may only be used by qualified personnel and repaired by CEM Instruments personnel. Damage or injuries caused by non-observance of the manual are excluded from our liability and not covered by our warranty.
- Measurement directly in the liquid fat
- Prevention of health risks
- Fast, safe suburban measurement
- Different calibrations can be saved
- Setting the right frying point
- Exact quality determination of the frying oil
- Temperature measurement up to 200°C / 392°F
- Traffic light display (Green, Blue & Red)
- Robust and shockproof
- Several types of oil adjustable
- 0.5 to 40% polar parts
- Measuring range
- Temperature: 40.0 to 200℃ (104.0 to 392.0℉)
- TPM: 0 to 40%
- Temperature: ±1.5℃
- TPM: ±2%
- Temperature: 0.1℃
- TPM: 0.5%
- Battery life: approx 25h of continuous operation (corresponds to 500 measurements)
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50℃
- Storage/transport temperature:﹣20 to 70℃
- TMP response time: <30s
- Dimensions: 365 x 48 x 31mm
- Weight: 248g
- Housing material: ABS+PC, TPE
- Protection class: IP65
Interpreation of the measured values traffic light LED display:
- TPM 0 to 18.5%: LED flashes in Green, oil is new and good to use.
- TPM 19 to 24%: LED flashes in Blue, oil quality classified as critical. It is recommended to renew the oil partly or completely.
- TPM > 24%: LED flashes in Red, the oil in the fryer should no longer be used. The oil must be exchange completely.
- Deep-frying Oil Tester
- Carrying case
- 2 x 1.5V AAA batteries